Be a Leader of Your thoughts - the Choice is Yours :)

Welcome Friends!


Do not follow...Lead with your own thoughts :)

Sharing opens up channels of communication. Each one of us is unique and has a unique perspective to share, and I heartily welcome all perspectives. It opens up my thoughts even further. So welcome friends into my blogging world, read on, ask questions, share your own thoughts and be a friend :)


Meet me!

Meet me!
Umang Goel
Powered By Blogger

Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Don’t be stuck on words…

Don’t be stuck on words…

For those who have something to say:
Words are very powerful. We have all heard that words hurt you more than any physical whiplash. So be careful with what you say. Think before opening your mouth. Weigh the pros and cons. Are my words being said to make a difference in the society around me? Or am I saying the words to create a chaos, to create destruction, to hurt others intentionally, to dominate a situation, to feel powerful…The goal of words should be to create silence within so that clarity breaks through like a rainbow in the sky, spreads ones whole being with sunshine, inspires one to make their dreams into a reality, inspires the mind to get out of a rut….

For those who are sensitive, and get easily hurt:
Do not be stuck on words spoken by others unless it is to enrich and empower yourself. Know in your heart that words spoken by others that hurt are a result of unawareness. Strive to strengthen your own inner being, for this will empower you in ways that enable you to go beyond words. Extreme sensitivity to words is a reflection of something within the person and is a pointer to reflect deeper into ones own Self. Focusing on the external causes chaos, focusing on the internal creates a beautiful Soul who everyone wants to befriend.

Here is a poem I wrote in 2007, when I was still struggling for answers, but I knew I was actively working on myself:
I became centered again
Someone, once close, said some pretty nasty words...
First came numbness,
then came denial;
I thought I was fine, no problem.
Found I was human,
and fell apart;
overwhelmed I was with the nastiness,
the hatred, the unkindness;
the uncaring, the thoughtlessness.
Did not know how to deal with my own emotions:
hurt, strange feelings,
all because someone far removed from me
did not know how to deal with his own bitterness.
Wondered why I had empowered another human
to hurt me so;
didn't I know that I can control just my own reactions,
my own response, my own self
and not another's?
Understanding my own positive field of energy,
I actively searched for answers,
rather than just dwell in the feeling of 'doom.'
Then came the words of wisdom to the forefront
‘I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.’
The answers came gradually,
the answers came freely:
‘That life is tough, but I'm tougher.’
Prayer enlightened me further,
and then came compassion for the other.
I became centered again.”
followed by another a poem I wrote in 2007, after I had reprogrammed my brain cells, after I had enriched myself in ways that I evolved as a human being:
Back on track...
‘Don't be stuck on words,’
words of wisdom I had learned;
had not made complete sense at the time
but were in storage in this memory of mine.
I got stuck on words,
yes I did, the past few days;
overwhelmed me completely
and got lost in the maze.
I knew that sometime, somehow
I would be enlightened again,
If I could get back in the
positive memory lane.
I did it!
Words unfolded,
meanings got noted,
and here I am
back in the present,
ready for the world...
Love to all,
Umang

No comments:

Post a Comment