Be a Leader of Your thoughts - the Choice is Yours :)

Welcome Friends!


Do not follow...Lead with your own thoughts :)

Sharing opens up channels of communication. Each one of us is unique and has a unique perspective to share, and I heartily welcome all perspectives. It opens up my thoughts even further. So welcome friends into my blogging world, read on, ask questions, share your own thoughts and be a friend :)


Meet me!

Meet me!
Umang Goel
Powered By Blogger

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Magic of Surrender

The Magic of Surrender

People look at the word surrender in so many different ways…I choose to look at it in the only way I look at things, with a positive attitude.
Why do we even talk about surrender? When do we surrender? Who do we surrender to? These are critical questions to ponder upon.

Let’s take an example of Positive Surrender:
- A critical decision making situation comes up.
- I ponder over what I need to do with a calm rational and positive mind.
- As always there are only 2 real choices to be made – take action or ignore the situation.
- At this point, I know what the situation was, what was the most optimal way to act upon it, and the action that needed to be done.
- I take action on what needs to be done, putting in my 100% effort, irrespective of what the outcome may be.
- I keep my attitude positive at all times, since I have done what was in my control.
- What is left? SURRENDER TO THE HIGHER POWER, with gratitude in the heart and peace that I have done my very best with what I was in control of; that what is left is not in my control; that I will be happy with the outcome no matter what it is, since the outcome is for a Higher reason I am not aware of.
- I accept and move on.

The word surrender takes on a negative connotation only when one ignores actions that one needs to take out of fear or laziness and succumbs to an easier state, that of misery! That is surrendering to fear and laziness, not to action and Higher Power.

Take charge of your situation, take all necessary actions, and then SURRENDER to the Higher Power :)