Be a Leader of Your thoughts - the Choice is Yours :)

Welcome Friends!


Do not follow...Lead with your own thoughts :)

Sharing opens up channels of communication. Each one of us is unique and has a unique perspective to share, and I heartily welcome all perspectives. It opens up my thoughts even further. So welcome friends into my blogging world, read on, ask questions, share your own thoughts and be a friend :)


Meet me!

Meet me!
Umang Goel
Powered By Blogger

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Learn the art of stepping back…

Learn the art of stepping back…
Whenever you are faced with panic attacks, anxieties, and stress over something that is beyond your control, ask yourself, “Is this going to matter in a few days, or a few months, or a few years from now? Is this going to have a critical impact on the overall flow of things in the long run?
Learning the art of stepping back from the moment of anxiety, and calming down to reflect proves to be one of the most critical learning of our lives. Sometimes we are so involved in the moment that “reflection” takes a back seat, and the domino effect of stress begins, eroding our calm into nothingness…
Just a few days ago, I was faced with a situation that I did not like at all, but that was beyond my control. I was aware every moment of the anxiety that I was going through, which has become a very rare happening in my life thankfully. In fact I was caught surprised at what I was going through, wondering how my understanding of life had not protected me from this ordeal…The good part was that I knew I was going to come out of it after sleeping over it, and I did. But it also meant to me that I had yet to learn some more so that I would not be this vulnerable the next time! Life goes in cycles; it has its ups and downs, that is natural; what is critical is how do we face its ups and downs and do we react to it.
It was time for me to visit my mentor, who I knew would throw further light on what I had been facing. Sure enough, I learned important lessons on “disappointments.” (See my previous blog on bthis subject.)
It is critical that we stop the stress as soon as we become aware of it. It is critical that we make our philosophies of life strong and healthy so that we are always faced with resolutions and never left hitting in the dark. It is critical that we step back and question how much of an impact the current situation have on our lives in the long run J

No comments:

Post a Comment