Be a Leader of Your thoughts - the Choice is Yours :)

Welcome Friends!


Do not follow...Lead with your own thoughts :)

Sharing opens up channels of communication. Each one of us is unique and has a unique perspective to share, and I heartily welcome all perspectives. It opens up my thoughts even further. So welcome friends into my blogging world, read on, ask questions, share your own thoughts and be a friend :)


Meet me!

Meet me!
Umang Goel
Powered By Blogger

Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Lesson in FAITH…

A Lesson in FAITH…
During my mentoring sessions with one of the most amazing individual who I have had as a mentor since the beginning of 2007, I gradually began to understand what Faith really meant. He told me, “Umang either you have faith or you don’t. It isn’t in between. When you are doubtful, it isn’t faith. Also when you have faith, you do not pick and choose – you have faith in EVERYTHING. You do not pick and choose which aspect in life you have faith in and which you don’t.”
It took me a while to figure this out completely, for he is the kind of mentor who does not give you the answers. He enables you to ask yourself questions and seek answers from within. The last 3 years have proven repeatedly what this mentoring has done for me. It helped me reprogram my brain cellsJ
I have an amazing episode to relate…
One day last year, my 17 year old son lost his cell phone during a visit with his friend. It was late night when he told me with sadness. I asked him to retrace his steps in his mind, and he told me that he had gone to many places with his friend in his dad’s car. They had stopped at various places like the store, the library, the park and the community centre! He told me that he had been very careful with his phone and that he could not remember ever taking it out of his side pocket. He was genuinely sorry. I told him to relax and not to worry about what had been lost, especially since he had been careful. And then something came out of my mouth just like that, “We will find the phone tomorrow early morning. If it is still raining, we will take the umbrella with us.” My son just relaxed, and went to sleep.
Early next morning we woke up, got dressed, and took our umbrella (since it was raining) and I drove us to the community centre! I can’t really tell you why I chose to go to the community centre grounds; just that I did! As we walked the sides of the community centre, I called his cell phone from my phone. Finding nothing, we then walked on the other side where he told me he had visited. There were bushes, and I heard the faint ringing sound! Yes we found the wet cell phone in the bushes just minutes after reaching the community centre.
Miracles are waiting around every corner. All you need is faith J Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment