Be a Leader of Your thoughts - the Choice is Yours :)

Welcome Friends!


Do not follow...Lead with your own thoughts :)

Sharing opens up channels of communication. Each one of us is unique and has a unique perspective to share, and I heartily welcome all perspectives. It opens up my thoughts even further. So welcome friends into my blogging world, read on, ask questions, share your own thoughts and be a friend :)


Meet me!

Meet me!
Umang Goel
Powered By Blogger

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

A Riddle…

A Riddle…

I heard this riddle at one of the presentations I attended, and it caught my attention: 

(The presenter of this riddle wanted me to put down the following:Permission to use in any form must be requested via mo.gomez@att.net)
“Who Am I?
I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.
Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.
I am easily managed –you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you want something done and after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great people and, alas, of all failures as well.”


I thought the above riddle was created very well for it manages to show us a lot about us…Yes the answer to the riddle is “Habits”
The word “habits” in itself is neither good nor bad. It is us who choose what we want to make into a habit that determines how we will become.
So why not be mindful, be aware of our thoughts and actions, which with repetition become habits very quickly. Any action repeated over and over again for a period of time becomes a habit. We all form habits everyday, unmindfully.
Now the time has come to be mindful of our daily actions. An average human mind is so busy with just the words, just wanting to get down the details of how long it takes to do that something, that it does not even start going beyond that stage…
Do not worry about how long/how many number of days/weeks/months does it take to make or break habits. And no nothing is easy. You have taken a lifetime to form a habit, how can you expect it to melt away in a matter of days? But is it all in the mind. If the intention is there, if the desire is strong, if the willingness is there, there is no reason why taking action, one step at a time will not make or break a habit. First take the most critical step: KNOW WHAT IT IS YOU REALLY WANT. Second take the next most critical step: TAKE ACTION. Know that everything is possible. J

No comments:

Post a Comment