Be a Leader of Your thoughts - the Choice is Yours :)

Welcome Friends!


Do not follow...Lead with your own thoughts :)

Sharing opens up channels of communication. Each one of us is unique and has a unique perspective to share, and I heartily welcome all perspectives. It opens up my thoughts even further. So welcome friends into my blogging world, read on, ask questions, share your own thoughts and be a friend :)


Meet me!

Meet me!
Umang Goel
Powered By Blogger

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Getting a mentor is one of the most critical steps you can take towards achieving your dreams and goals…

Getting a mentor is one of the most critical steps you can take towards achieving your dreams and goals…

Who is a mentor?
A mentor is a person who guides an individual to develop themselves in various aspects of life and life choices. The mentor is experienced in the area needed for mentoring. The experience may be through personal life experiences, as well as through coaching and leadership. It is not necessary that the mentor be older.

An exceptional mentor is a responsible individual who provides true mentoring/coaching selflessly, where the well-being of the mentee comes first. A professional mentor charges a fee for their valuable time; but you may find a mentor in an individual who is not a mentor/coach by profession.

A mentor can be chosen for any area of ones life that may need mentoring – be it be academics, finance, business, any professional field or personal growth.

A mentor should be someone you respect and admire; has values and ethics that matches your way of life and should be someone you can place your trust in. A mentor should believe in you and your goals, should be available to you with their time, should be open minded and not rigid in their way of thinking, should be compassionate and caring and wanting you to succeed as much as you do, helping you and urging you in the most positive way and in a way that is suitable for your needs, helping you focus and staying focused with you. Most of all, your mentor should believe in you and is honest and open with you. To get the most out of mentoring, mentor-mentee relationship should be very comfortable, so that you are able to open up without feeling inhibited or guilty. You should be able to emulate your mentor and so it is important that your mentor is well versed in whatever area you want mentoring in.

Why and when should we look for a mentor?
Look at any exceptional individual, in any field and you will find that there is always a mentor behind them guiding, urging, and developing the individual towards the appointed goal. A mentor provides the guidance in such a way that you become beyond good; you become exceptional.

The time you make intent to do something, to be someone, and this decision is going to alter your life in ways that will have major impacts on your life, you will want to have a mentor.

My mentor:
In my case, I acquired a mentor without a conscious decision. Jan 1, 2007 saw me making a very conscious choice – to lead the highest life. The moment that decision was made, I gave myself no other choice but to step forward on this self chosen path. Since I was extremely clear on what I wanted, the doors kept opening one after another, leading me, guiding me towards my chosen path. The Universe always knows and gives what you truly want, and that has been the reality in my life. Once you know this you are bound to become aware and turn your life around in the way you want it to turn around.
I had chosen a path and consciousness, of spirituality, of progression. Very quickly, unknowingly that I was meeting my future mentor, I did and soon it was evident to me that he was the perfect human being to guide me on my chosen path with highest integrity. I have felt very blessed and very fortunate to have met him. He has been my mentor ever since. I meet him twice a month and I am able to talk to him about all aspects of my life, enriching myself in ways I had never dreamed were possible. I was fortunate to have found the perfect match for my personality. He had met every criterion that I could possibly think of as a must in a mentor, without consciously making that choice! The only thing I can say is that God had listened to all my prayers and I was listening to all His guidance. He has not only proven to be a guide, a coach for me but for my children as well.

My life has unfolded in ways that the only way I know how to describe is that I was truly reborn on the day of my birthday almost 3 years ago. Thank You God.

To know more about my life changing moments and the journey to who I am today, please read my book, “A Journey of Self Revelation.” I wrote this book through 2007 – 2008 and published it in October 2008, the day of Diwali. I wrote this book under my pen name, “Joy.” You can find this at amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com or through my website: www.wellnesshaven.comunder the "My Book" tab.
Love to all,
Umang

No comments:

Post a Comment